Click these links!

Photographs

Logging
Sehorn Pontiac, Mt. Shasta
Yreka's Kenneth Ruben-King and Virgil Dibble
Snow Cat on Mount Shasta
Downtown Mt. Shasta
Snow Survey on Mount Shasta
Construction for the Ski Bowl
Ski Bowl Opens
Ski Bowl Parking
Ski School
Building the dam for Lake Siskiyou
Siskiyou County Courthouse
Business and Professional Women's Club
Siskiyou County Sheriff's Dept.

Images

Italian Carnival
Shasta Daylight Cover
 

The introduction and photo collection for this section of the Siskiyou History web site is still being written. Please return soon, and feel free to submit photographs, stories and images.

Historical highlights from this era: A ski area known as the Mount Shasta Ski Bowl was built and opened for business in 1958. In 1965, McCloud, then one of the last "company towns" in the states, made the transition to privatization. Box Canyon Dam and Lake Siskiyou were constructed for flood control in 1969. Other web sites of interest:


Images and Stories are © their owner, as noted on each web page. All Rights Reserved. Please contact the owner as noted.






www.siskiyouhistory.org

A project of the Siskiyou County Sesquicentennial Committee

PO Box 1138, Mount Shasta, CA 96067 USA
E-mail: info@siskiyouhistory.org

Web design and management by Kim Solga Artworks